SQS023: John and David -The Debt Free Guys
For today’s episode I’m joined by John and David from The Debt Free Guys. These two gentlemen are changing the face of LGBQT Money and are based out of Denver. This interview was truly informative to me and they share helpful tips that are useful to everyone.
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Listen to the Episode
- John and David introduce themselves and the mission of the Debt Free Guys.
- John and David’s financial story that begins with $51,000 in credit card debt
- The gay cliche
- They decide to create a blog
- The FinCon Community had every niche represented except for the Gay Financial needs niche (opportunity knocks)
- What makes the financial conversation different?
- John and David ask themselves “Where did they want to be?” in the future.
- Working to be in financial alignment
- They created a calendar with free and cheap things to do in Denver
- I ask what does “CIS” mean?
- What is Gay Life like in Denver? Hint-it’s pretty good
- How John and David are a resource for their readers and listeners
- Should other people start a blog/podcast/etc. too?
- A week in their life in Denver
- We discuss cost of living in Denver
Follow John and David
- Website: The Debt Free Guys
- Podcast: Queer Money
Event: The Financial Road to Wellness
- When: June 9, 2018
- Where: Porchlight Realty
- What: Brunch and Money Conversation
- Click HERE for more details
- Kari Lundberg Realtor-Buying in a Hot Market Square State Podcast Episode
Colorado Tool Kit