Dear Mayor Hancock
The following podcast episode is an audio letter to Denver’s Mayor-Mr. Michael Hancock. The Letters to the Top series is a an opportunity for me to voice my concerns about the state as well as what I’m loving. The first episode in the series is “Dear Mayor Hancock.”
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Listen to the Show
Show Notes: Dear Mayor Hancock
- Congratulations on your win, I know it wasn’t easy.
- Denver has become a vibrant city filled with endless possibilities
- Anything feels possible.
- We have incredible resources such as: Denver Start Up Week, The Commons on Champa, Women of Denver, Women Who Startup, and House of Pod
- We love to have fun-The National Western Stock Show, Denver Greek Festival, Concerts at Red Rocks, Pride, and the Juneteenth celebration are just a few of the opportunities we use to get together
- There are so many work opportunities.
- There are some issues-The Homeless problem has become a serious situation in Denver. I’m uncomfortable going to certain places depending on the time of day.
- Denver is dirty-now, this is partly because we actually use and live in the downtown area of the city.
- Tagging on all of the buildings
- Small businesses struggling to stay staffed
- The rising cost of housing (which also affects staffing)
- Traffic sucks
- What I love-Kids and Baby Boomers getting free access to the recreation center
- Free events all of the time being hosted throughout the city
- The expansion of the lightrail-even though it feels painfully slow at times
- The overall positive mood of the city
- Businesses moving their headquarters to Denver and surrounding suburbs.
Overall grade: B
Signed a Denver Citizen,
Michelle Jackson-Square State
Want to Start a Blog?
Have you been thinking about starting a blog but not sure if you should? Want to shout out your favorite town, lifestyle ideas, or ways to save? What are you waiting for? Use Siteground to host your website. Not sure how to set up your self-hosted blog? Useh this free tutorial from Elite Blog Academy that will walk you through all of the steps. Can’t wait to read your blog!