SQS026: Networking in Denver with Amy Herman
One of the most challenging parts about life (and moving to a new city) is making and sustaining new connections. I love meeting new people and have never met a stranger. But, when you’re living in a city like Denver that is constantly changing and constantly welcoming new residents all the time it’s good to ask…how do you meet people and make authentic connections. So, I thought I would speak with Amy Herman who is an incredible networking in Denver about this topic. She also happens to be a super nice person as well.
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Listen to the Show
- Introduction-Amy Herman Super Connector
- How she connected with over 25,000 people
- The role of Serendipity
- No Small Talk
- Asking the question “What lights you up?”
- Connecting with people in random places
- Being an early adaptor for social media
- How she actively helps people she knows to connect
- Networking in Denver-what it looks like
- Denver is still in its teenage phase
- The power of the follow up
- Transitioning online connections to offline
- Phone calls and why Amy still does them.
- Being an extrovert.
- We talk similarities and differences between Denver and Boulder
- What makes Denver a great city
Connect with Amy