A Conversation with Josh F. from Travel Crested Butte
More often than not, when people think of Colorado mountain towns they immediately think of Vail or Aspen. Towns like Crested Butte, Leadville, and Ouray rarely make the list. Not because they aren’t amazing, but because these towns are often overlooked because they aren’t on rich girl TikTok. It’s probably a good thing. Crested Butte is my favorite mountain and in this episode I speak with Josh Fetterman, founder, Travel Crested Butte.
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Thinking About Starting a Travel Website?
It’s pretty simple to do and cheap! Start with Siteground and WordPress.org. With this winning combination you’ll own your own website by the end of the day. And, Siteground has easy to follow tutorials to help you with setting up your site.
Listen to the Episode
- My favorite mountain is Crested Butte, a diamond in the rough.
- Josh Fetterman introduces himself founder of Travel Crested Butte
- He shares how he ended up in Crested Butte and how he started his company.
- His first visit started a lifelong love of the town.
- 2013 was the turning point in his journey to living in CB full-time
- I wonder how he noticed the “gap” in online content on Crested Butte. Basically, how did he start his business and recognize the opportunity to build his business.
- What makes Crested Butte unique?
- Locally run businesses
- No national retailers
- Nature and nice people
- Travel Crested Butte leads with the visitor in mind
- I share briefly how I experienced CB while hanging out at Camp 4 Coffee.
- What exactly does Travel Crested Butte do?
- They do not book trips or anything like that.
- The influence of Instagram on travel and increased tourism
- How is Crested Butte different than other CO mountain towns? Why choose CB vs. the other?
- Recommendation: spend at least 1 week there due to location
- Wildflower capital of Colorado
Travel Crested Butte (cont.)
- What’s a pasty? Tin Cup Pasty
- How has COVID impacted visiting Crested Butte? What should we be aware of?
- Crested Butte was one of the first places in the US to have a spike in cases. Likely due to international and intrastate travel to the town.
- Josh shares how the town worked to protect the town’s citizens.
- Vaccination rollout and mask ordinances. July 1st (ish) should be when most restrictions to capacity will be lifted
- What should POC anticipate about visiting this town?
- I share my experience with Josh
- He shares some tips for those of you who would like to visit during the summer season.
- Josh recommends visiting during early June and late August/September outside of high season.
- Sustainability focus and watch your poo
Travel Crested Butte
- Instagram: instagram.com/travelcrestedbutte
- Tik Tok: Travel Crested Butte