Matt from Cultura Craft Coffee
I am a chocolate addict. When I emotionally eat, good chocolate is what I like to reach for. Also, when I’m happy…you get the idea. I love all things chocolate. So, when I noticed a large number of chocolatiers/chocolate companies in Denver, I thought it would be great to talk to a couple of them to figure out what the deal was…and, hopefully score some free chocolate. I didn’t get any from Matt because I forgot to…ask..beg. But, we had a good time talking about chocolate. Enjoy the interview.
- What’s the deal with all the chocolate? There is a ton of great chocolate being made in Colorado. I’ve had a great time “sampling” all of them.
- Dead Dog Chocolate has changed to Cultura Craft Chocolate. Why the branding change?
- What Matt’s role is in the company. Matt is originally from Cali (with a couple of stops along the way). I’m curious about how he got connected with Culture Craft Chocolate.
- Chocolate makers vs. chocolatiers. What’s the difference?
- The ongoing process of educating consumers about their chocolate (quality vs. cost). I love supporting local businesses and know that cost and getting consumers to be comfortable with potentially spending more is an ongoing challenge.
- Matt’s business experience in Colorado so far.
- We get sidetracked by his taco love. It’s kind of hilarious how much he loves tacos. He let’s me know if Denver has any good places to check them out.
- We discuss how Matt got into chocolate making. It’s a pretty cool story!
- Drinking chocolate and getting consumers to make the switch to higher quality chocolate. It has less sugar but tastes so good.
- I wonder about his favorite chocolate and the most popular bars that they sell.
- I get nosey.
Where to Find Cultura Craft Chocolate
- Instagram: @culturacraftchocolate
- Twitter: CulturaChoc
Enjoyed the Show?
Want to Move to Colorado?
Get your FREE Moving Guide today!
Join the newsletter
Sign Up to get our latest content by email.