10 Amazing Snacks Made in Colorado to Take on Your Next Hike
One of my favorite activities to take part in here in Colorado is hiking. I can’t get enough of it. A typical hike that my friends and I will take part in usually lasts around 4-5 hours depending on the size of the group, length of the hike, distance from Denver, and the altitude.
There are a number of things to consider when planning your next hike but one that many people don’t spend enough time on is creating the perfect combination of snacks for your next hike. I thought it would be fun to share 10 amazing snacks made in Colorado to take on your next hike when you’re pressed for time or low on groceries!
10 Amazing Snacks
- Made in Nature Snacks-Headquartered in Boulder and manufactured in California, Made Nature has some amazing tasty and healthy snacks that hikers can carry with them into the backcountry.
- Lara Bars-I absolutely love these and my current favorite is the Cherry Pie. Which is weird because I tend to prefer apples.
- Bobo’s Oat Bars-Are a dense, rich, puck of yummy goodness.
- Binnie’s Coconut Butter-This is so good you want to slap somebody. I had the pleasure of meeting the founder and she is super focused on creating an amazing and delicious product creating obsessed fans everywhere.
- Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups-I broke up with Reese’s Peanut Butter cups because of Justin’s. They are so damn good.
- Lithic Nutrition-this is made with cricket protein. Really. It’s a great source of protein that is a lot more earth friendly and produces a heck of a lot less methane because…crickets are easier to raise than cattle.
- Noosa Yogurt-This yogurt is a Colorado obsession. Especially during the fall when the Pumpkin flavor is released. Right now they are releasing way too many flavors (can’t keep up with them all) but my current favorites are: Mexican chocolate, vanilla, and lemon. Of course lemon.
- Power Puck-Share Good Foods makes these delicious treats.
- Two Mom’s in the Raw-Now rebranded as Soul Sprout.
Want to Move to Colorado?
Get your FREE Moving Guide today!
Join the newsletter
Sign Up to get our latest content by email.