SQS021: Berry from Podcasts in Color
Podcasting sometimes feels like a thankless task. You’re just talking to a faceless audience for a long time until one day the “face” of your audience becomes clear. In the case of Berry from Podcasts in Color, she looked for podcasts that reflected her. And, in the process created the Podcasts in Color Directory housing hundreds of podcasts created by people of color.
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Click here to schedule your Modworks tour!
Listen to the Show
- We discuss the epic tech issue, resulting in slightly wonky sound quality
- Berry is from Denver and attended an HBCU (Historically Black College/University) what happened when she returned to Denver after that experience
- So…podcasts aren’t just for “bros?”
- Some of the current issues in podcasting she’s following
- What does Berry listen for as a prolific podcast listener
- Her podcast pet peeves
- We talk episode notes
- I ask…what is Anchor?
- She shares how she finds shows.
- We walk through how podcasters can market their show
- Seasons are the way to go! Here’s why.
- We walk through what sponsors are looking for. You’ll be surprised.
- What are the components of a well-crafted podcast episode
- Berry shares how many podcast episodes she listens to each week
- I ask…what’s the goal of Podcasts in Color?
- What has the reaction to the project been?
- She shares if this is a good time to get into podcasting
- The #1 habit podcasters should develop
- We break down what she means by POC
- Clarification: Berry does listen to podcasts hosted by white hosts.
- What compels Berry to subscribe to a show
- Advice for new podcasters
- How to grow community
Connect with Berry
- Email: email@example.com
Podcast Tool Kit