Luzia-Cirque du Soleil in Denver (a Review)
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
This might surprise some people but I am a theater geek. I love traditional shows and performances to shows that push boundaries and our imagination. Cirque du Soleil is a testament to boundary pushing and connecting with our imaginations. Every time a show comes through Denver I make a point of going to see it and this year’s show: Luzia, is no exception.
Is a dreamy, moody, somewhat dark Cirque show and I LOVED it! In fact, this was quite possibly my favorite Cirque show and I’ve made a point of going to as many Cirque shows as possible whenever they are in town.
I liked that while there were some definite comedic parts to the show, that the show was a lot more restrained and a bit more…cerebral and whimsical than many of the shows that I’ve seen.
There is a rich symbolism in the staging of the show and the costuming is fantastic. I’m being deliberately vague about what happens in the show because I don’t want to give anything away.
The other wonderful part of the show was how incorporated natural elements into the story. Again, I don’t want to give anything away.
- My friends and I purchased our tickets pretty early. The Big Top where they hold the show guarantees pretty good viewing from wherever you are in the tent. If at all possible, do try to avoid setting in the sections with obstructed views.
- Get there early! There’s nothing worse than arriving a few minutes late and then having to wait to be seated and missing out the beginning of the show.
- There are plenty of restrooms, think high-end portapotty hybrids with sinks to wash your hands.
- If you sit close to the stage be aware that the performers may feel compelled to mess with you. Don’t freak out and just have fun with it.
- Eat before you arrive-there is some food/snacks at the show, but I would recommend that you eat before as well.
After the Show
If you’re taking a rideshare such as LYFT, go to the gas station on the Pepsi Center grounds for pick-up. The official adddress is:
1500 7th St, Denver, CO 80204
It will be much easier to be picked up from that location. You can also take the light rail located on the North Side of Pepsi Center or catch a cab, rickshaw typically a little closer to Pepsi Center.
Join the newsletter
Sign Up to get our latest content by email.