“Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.“
I love blogging about Colorado and sharing all of the great activities, resources, and cool things happening here. One of the communities I belong to is the Denver Bloggers Club. For those of you who are into blogging join this group. Great people, amazing resources…and free food! The April meeting was held at The Egg and I and I wanted to share my experience.
I had the opportunity to eat at The Egg and I as part of a Denver Bloggers Club Meetup. While I knew some things about The Egg and I, I’d never had the opportunity to try it out.
It’s a Colorado-based that started in Fort Collins. I found the food to be similar to what you would get at Village Inn (solid Americana) but better 🙂
There are over 100+ locations across the U.S. These locations are typically found in the Central U.S. not the Coasts.
- I went insane for the Kale Cooler. Seriously. I had three glasses of it. I actually loved that Kale Cooler (and the Pineapple Tonic) so much that I wanted to suggest that they sell it in stores. That good. By the third glass I just owned my greediness and kept on drinking.
- Soups and salad dressings are made in-house.
- The seasonal specials-I had the Blueberry Lemon Curd pancake combo. Loved it. I’m looking forward to trying out their pumpkin waffles.
- The plating size-No skimping on the servings. You will be full after you leave.
- You can hold meetings at different locations (with wifi/etc.) Great use of the space.
- The staff! They are amazing and you can tell that they really care about customer experience and the company.
- We got some great swag!! I wasn’t expecting that. They gave us hot sauce (I knew then that they understood me) and a gift card for a future visit. Getting my Kale Cooler soon.
If you have those lovely snooty foodie friends that always want to go for fusion food, stuff made with dry ice, and ingredients sourced during a full moon-this isn’t the place for them.
If you have friends and family who want a comfortable and family friendly atmosphere, comfort food, don’t care about calories, and just want to enjoy eating a yummy, unpretentious meal The Egg and I is the place to take them.
I plan on stopping by the Leetsdale location at 560 S. Holly Street to get some more of that Kale Cooler as soon as humanly possible.
The Egg and I
Final thoughts: I would also like to extend a huge “Thank You!” to Summer and the rest of the wonderful crew who made my first experience at The Egg and I so wonderful. The Denver Bloggers Club was hosted at the Lakewood location (7830 W. Alameda). If you love supporting local restaurants doing great things The Egg and I should be on your list.
Don’t have a car and want to check out The Egg and I? Use my Lyft Promo code and get $5 off your first ride (new riders only)