SQS022: The Denver Welcome Mat Event
For the past three years I’ve muddled my way through creating a digital business. You know, a business that basically shares information and helps my clients with very little face to face contact. Why did I decide to pursue a digital career? Well…I used to work at a university with hundreds of students. By the time I finished working that job I was exhausted. And, my ability to work directly with people had flown out the window. In fact, I love digital business but I was beginning to feel that there was something missing from what I was working on. And, that feeling continued to grow until one day I decided it was time to create an event that would enable me to connect and engage with the people that I’m trying to serve with this project.
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
Listen to the Show
The Denver Welcome Mat
Is an event created to help connect current Denver residents with newly arrived residents. There are three major goals:
- To encourage comradery and connection between two groups that can be at odds with one another. Long-time Denverites who’ve grown up in the city sometimes feel left behind in all of the changes that the city (and state) is experiencing. Newbies sometimes feel the sting of resentment and sometimes accidentally step on people’s toes because they didn’t realize they touched on an issue that would upset long-time residents. No more ignorance is bliss. Let’s get together, eat, drink, and have fun. We’re in this together, for better or worse.
- Develop Awareness of Local-Goods, products, and services. Colorado has an incredible range of locally made products, businesses with a national reach, and more. My goal is to get you in front of the amazing entrepreneurs running these businesses. It always feels good to know who made whatever it is you’re using.
- Become a resource-For job leads, fun activities, and business related needs.
Basically, The Denver Welcome Mat is the “in-person” side of Square State.
How It Works
The Denver Welcome Mat holds events twice a month. The events are the following:
- Happy Hour with a panel discussing different topics throughout the year. Each event has giveaways, food, and more.
- Fun activity-Members will enjoy fun events throughout the city and state. These activities will be free, or discounted and a low-key way to meet new people and explore the state. Click here to join Meetup Group or click here to join the closed Facebook Group.
It’s free to be a part of the community.
- Yoga Rocks the Park (free) June 3, 2018- we will meet at 8:00 am by the steps in near the teaching stage.
- Jazz in the Park (free) June 3, 2018-we will meet at 5:30 pm at City Park in Denver. The exact meeting location will be announced closer to the event.
- The Denver Welcome Mat June 7, 2018-Topic “How to Make Professional and Personal Connections in Denver” held at The Commons on Champa from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. Panel, appetizers, mix and mingle.
- The Phroogal Road to Wellness Tour June 9, 2018-If you’re interested in personal finance or improving your money, this brunch and learn is the event for you. Click here for more details.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Podcast episodes are released once a week on Mondays. Listen and learn from local entrepreneurs, activists, and residents who love Colorado. Subscribe HERE.
Sign up today to receive your free 18 page Guide to Moving to Colorado! Receive weekly updates on all things Colorado via the newsletter and Square State-my newly launched podcast where we talk about all things Colorado!