Matt from Cultura Craft Coffee
I am a chocolate addict. When I emotionally eat, good chocolate is what I like to reach for. Also, when I’m happy…you get the idea. I love all things chocolate. So, when I noticed a large number of chocolatiers/chocolate companies in Denver, I thought it would be great to talk to a couple of them to figure out what the deal was…and, hopefully score some free chocolate. I didn’t get any from Matt because I forgot to…ask..beg. But, we had a good time talking about chocolate. Enjoy the interview.
- What’s the deal with all the chocolate? There is a ton of great chocolate being made in Colorado. I’ve had a great time “sampling” all of them.
- Dead Dog Chocolate has changed to Cultura Craft Chocolate. Why the branding change?
- What Matt’s role is in the company. Matt is originally from Cali (with a couple of stops along the way). I’m curious about how he got connected with Culture Craft Chocolate.
- Chocolate makers vs. chocolatiers. What’s the difference?
- The ongoing process of educating consumers about their chocolate (quality vs. cost). I love supporting local businesses and know that cost and getting consumers to be comfortable with potentially spending more is an ongoing challenge.
- Matt’s business experience in Colorado so far.
- We get sidetracked by his taco love. It’s kind of hilarious how much he loves tacos. He let’s me know if Denver has any good places to check them out.
- We discuss how Matt got into chocolate making. It’s a pretty cool story!
- Drinking chocolate and getting consumers to make the switch to higher quality chocolate. It has less sugar but tastes so good.
- I wonder about his favorite chocolate and the most popular bars that they sell.
- I get nosey.
Where to Find Cultura Craft Chocolate
- Instagram: @culturacraftchocolate
- Twitter: CulturaChoc
Enjoyed the Show?
Want to Move to Colorado?
Get your FREE Moving Guide today!
Sign up today to receive your free 18 page Guide to Moving to Colorado! Receive weekly updates on all things Colorado via the newsletter and Square State-my newly launched podcast where we talk about all things Colorado!